The argument form, concluding A from A=>B and B.
An incorrect logical step which sounds like deduction to the untrained, and therefore is often
used in arguments.
- Snow is white. You are white. Therefore you are a snow.
- Whenever it rains, you get wet. You are now wet. Therefore it is raining.
And in fuzzy logic forms:
- Most rapists are men. You are a man. Therefore you are probably a rapist.
- Most highly paid executives are men. You are man. Therefore you are
probably a highly paid executive.
- Most victims are women. I am a women. Therefore I am a victim.
Unlike deduction, in which the
conclusion is correct if the requirements are valid, abduction isn't even
correct then. However it is powerful argumentative tool.