A wealthy country in North America whose citizens are more hated than any other in the world.
The hatred is for several reasons.
Perhaps the most astonishing thing about the USA is that it is a nation held
together not by force, but by the commitment of
The people do not have a common history, and do not have a common race, but a common belief in their identity - based largely
on the notion of personal freedom. This is
contradicted by their obsession with their War on
Drugs - while claiming to defend people freedom of choice, they incarcerate those who exercise their choice
in ways which the government disapproves of.
- They are extremely successful, and are the most powerful nation in the world.
Many people hate to see others succeed.
- Their success largely comes from adoption of a semi-capitalist ideology,
and the notion of personal freedom,
which is incompatible with many other ideologies (like religious extremism and
communism). People hate to see others succeed even more when that success highlights their
- They are one of the most arrogant nations in the world, and do not understand that statements like
'How does it feel to come from somewhere which just doesn't matter?' does not win friends.
- They have chosen to subsidize other unpopular nations in the world, including Israel.
- Aspects of their culture (including their spelling) are becoming adopted by other parts of the
world faster than any other.